First shots of my new 10 gallon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Que

I wish I was a fish I wish.
Feb 15, 2007
Southern Berkshire county, MA
Real Name
Ken
Camera Used
cell phone
What can I say. It’s a start.

I bought some Java fern and a Nana. I stuck some plastic plants in there too to fill it in a bit. The wood has released some tannins even though this wood was in a tank years ago. A piece of lava rock is on the left. A plastic rock (with plastic plants!) is on the right. I think the substrate is too big but it’s free from the driveway.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Overall I like it! Not sure I love the phallic rock & fake plants on the left. I like the color of your substrate, but, yeah, kinda big...It may not matter so much with the animals & plants you'll keep. What's your plan for fish & critters?

Que

Feb 15, 2007
Real Name
Ken
Camera Used
cell phone
Some cherry shrimp, a couple of Otos, more plants and likely some tetras of one kind or another. Since this tank is in the big living space, I have to temper my choices with the lady of the house. She wants colorful platies but I'm not so sure I want live bearing fish.

AquaRussel

Registered Member
Jan 30, 2023
Definitely exchange the fake rock and fake plants with some real stuff. Watching your plants grow and fill in the space is part of the fun!

Que

Feb 15, 2007
Real Name
Ken
Camera Used
cell phone
The fake stuff is just for fill until the plants grow in a bit.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store