Fish compatible with Discus fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sportsnutim

AC Members
Jan 1, 2007
Western Washington
A ways to go

Thanks to all for the HELP: right now I am trying to get my tank cycled and my poor plants I need a new lighting fixture mine is a single 48" but not enough light from what I hear: can one 7K light bulb do the trick for now? And C02 from what I have heard. My Cardinals seem to be doing ok so far with the water parameters. I need to do a water change. I know, a lot of information.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
usually a single fixture won't produce enough light..but there are some single 48" 96 watt fixtures out there(compact fl)
this would do nicely for a 55 with CO2 and can support a nice array of plants.
if you shoot for just under 2 wpg and co2 there are some very nice set ups this is considered a moderate light level,
hang in there

hvc801

Registered Member
Feb 3, 2009
In my 55gal tank right now i have two oscars and two red finned silver dollars. I want to add another silver dollar and two discus',
im also woundering weather i should add the dsicus into the tank?

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
In my 55gal tank right now i have two oscars and two red finned silver dollars. I want to add another silver dollar and two discus',
im also woundering weather i should add the dsicus into the tank?
this is a tank with Oscars??

the oscars will outgrow a 55

no..do not place Discus with Oscars.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store