Fish Eggs.....?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Tiburon72

AC Members
Apr 17, 2003
San Diego,California
Visit site
Hello everyone,

Here I am needing some help once again. I have a 55Gal tank with the following fish in it:

A) Angel Fish.
B) Zebra Danios.
C) White Mountain Minows.
D) Silver Tip Tetras.
E) Chinese Alge Eater.
F) Guppies.
G) Spotted Raphaelo. (Cat Fish)

When I arrived at home for luch I had the nice suprise of some eggs which had been laid on top of a sword plant. But to be completely honest I don't know who they belong to, however I did notice the angels cleaning and pronning the leaves of this one particular plant earlier this week. I know there not from the Guppies, 'cause they give birth to live fry, which I have had three brooths already. So if any one can help me on this subject please send any advice you have to, SGTGonzalez@Military.com The eggs are very small and are clear to a very pale white, I would say no more than 1/8" .

Any help on this subject would be highly appreciated, and once again thank you for your time and patience.

Most Sincerely Yours
Tiburon72

Hebdizzle

playswithsquirrels
Mar 8, 2003
I don't know much about the species of fish you have, but I know you can rule out the zebra danio's too because they don't lay adhesive eggs.

famman

AC Members
Aug 16, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
They are without question angel eggs. You have described the classic angel pattern of carefully picking out a plant leaf, cleaning it and then laying their eggs on it. Often you'll also notice them guarding the eggs. They take about 2 1/2 days to hatch and the angels will also protect the brood. If there are other aggressive fish in the tank angels will often eat their eggs.
good luck
:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store