fish friendship

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

vera222

AC Members
Apr 5, 2010
These are pics of my midas blenny and neon goby, who are always together. They hang out together all day, they swim together, and they sleep in the same rock together. They're adorable. :) These pics are from my phone, so they're not that great. Plus, the fish were a little freaked out I was putting some strange object so close to their faces.

Juice

KillaOJ
Jan 4, 2009
NorCal
Oh goodness they are adorable! It's funny to see the little bonds that can form :)

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
That's awesome! I have a midas as well and its a great fish.

I had a Potters angel that paired up with my female clown even though she had a mate. She would spend all day with the angel and then go home to her man when the lights started going off. Unfortunately I lost the angel and I could definitely tell the clown was upset for a while after.

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
So cute!!

ThatNewFishGuy

AC Members
May 4, 2010
Im planning on purchasing one of the beautiful potter's angel sometime in the future (not anytime soon though). Any specific reason you lost it?

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
No idea to tell you the truth. I got the fish from Diver's Den and had it for just under a year. It always ate well and was very personable. I just came home from work one day and found it dead. It was perfectly fine the night before.

If you get one make sure it is eating well before you buy. This is one fish you should also consider a QT with live rock in it or if you get it from a trusted source add it straight to the display.

vera222

AC Members
Apr 5, 2010
Sorry about your angel, and sorry for your clown as well... I'm actually starting to get nervous for my goby. I've had him just about two years, and i've read in a few places they only live two years max. He's still active and eats well, but I have no idea how you tell if a fish is 'old'. The only thing i've noticed on him is the white on the bottom part of his face is turning more translucent. It used to be really white. Hope he's an exception and lives a lot longer!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store