Fishroom build in progress !

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

londonloco

AC Members
Oct 15, 2009
Since the aquariums are used, I would highly recommend resealing all of them. Is alot of work, but silicon does not last for ever. Resealing them will prevent random leaks from happening in the future.

Are you frikkin' kidding me ???
:eek:mg::22_yikes::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Tagging along w/the dream and cracking up here.....

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
Since the aquariums are used, I would highly recommend resealing all of them. Is alot of work, but silicon does not last for ever. Resealing them will prevent random leaks from happening in the future.
i have bought a ton of used aquariums and never had to reseal a single one. so far zero leaks.

leisure_man

AC Members
Apr 22, 2010
If you talk to your LFS, you will know about people rushing their fish to the store because their tanks separate from the seam and turn their place into a wading pool. This is not too common but it does happen from time to time.

Just because it hasn't happen to you, doesn't mean you are immune to it. I personally had 'used' tanks that leak. I even had a couple of tanks that cracked (side and bottom) due to uneven support. When you are keeping 50+ tanks, you are much more prone to these types of disaster. One busted tank is one too many.

Personally, I have stopped using glass aquarium over 10gallon size and switched to arcylic tanks and they are alot stronger and more forgiving. I still have about 20 or so 10 gallon glass aquariums that are 20 years old and a few of them had leaked before.

Last edited:

cockroach

AC Members
Feb 15, 2010
The Chungle Taiwan
^I agree. Let's see what you have been up to.

WeedCali

Certified Dubhead
Dec 14, 2009
NorCal/BayArea
Real Name
Adam
hes got a whole nother thread on this

its finished right? i could swear i saw a thread of this finished :huh:

cockroach

AC Members
Feb 15, 2010
The Chungle Taiwan