Fishroom converted to bedroom....OUCH!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kellem

AC Members
Mar 18, 2009
VA
My beloved fishroom is now a bedroom.Um...yes,I'm a little pissed but trying to keep the piece.

My oldest daughter who is in college now requested that her bedroom be downstairs so she can feel more independent.
to my despair i was informed by wife of 27yrs that a fishroom is a luxury and certainly not a requirement.Wife said tanks have to go as quick as possible so we can paint and move.

Well,i ended up running a add reading " free aquariums for those willing to pick them up".They were all gone the next day except my 55.
I gave away a 135g tank,(2) 29g tanks,a 20g tank and (2) 10 gal tanks with everything including fish.

In our bedroom now sits a 55g tank stocked with angels....I SHOWED HER WHO'S BOSS....and i ain't budging.

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
My beloved fishroom is now a bedroom.Um...yes,I'm a little pissed but trying to keep the piece.

My oldest daughter who is in college now requested that her bedroom be downstairs so she can feel more independent.
Fail. Should of gave her the help wanted and apartment rental section of the classifieds. :)

Sorry about your loss.

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
I'm confused, wouldn't that mean there is a free bedroom upstairs to move everything too now?

Condolences though. I'll attempt to avoid making whip-cracking noises in the background...

A. Nonymous

AC Members
Feb 4, 2008
I'm confused, wouldn't that mean there is a free bedroom upstairs to move everything too now?

Condolences though. I'll attempt to avoid making whip-cracking noises in the background...
This was my thought exactly. Why not flip the rooms?

esoepr1976

AC Members
Oct 27, 2012
Iowa
Real Name
Emily
Perhaps the upstairs room was not sturdy enough to hold so many, or such large tanks? That's my only thought. Otherwise, yes, I would have flipped the rooms.

Emily

Just Prince

AC Members
Nov 2, 2007
My response to my daughter would have been If you want independence get your own place. But a happy wife is a happy home. Good luck.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Dude.....bummer. Another reason I am having zero children.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store