WTB floating plants

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linda S

AC Members
Sep 6, 2009
Killeen, TX
Real Name
Linda Sholly
Just got some honey gouramis for my 75 gal and need some floaters for them, I already have duckweed, so I don't need that But the info I read said they like floating plants. Please let me know what you have. Thanks,
linda

Ashes2ashes

Smash the owl!
May 4, 2010
Cola town SC
Real Name
Ash
I have some extra anacharis that can be used as a floater if you are interested. I like it because it doesn't shed or make a mess like Hornwort sometimes does, but it grows fast and doesn't require much care. PM me if you are interested. Congrats on the new fish. =)

Fordtrannyman

Sharing Experience and Failures!
Apr 27, 2008
So. Cal.
I used to breed Trichogaster trichopterus Gourami and they always liked Oak Leaf Watersprite - which I make available from time to time.
Send me a reminder PM in a couple weeks, I'm sure I'll have some available by then.

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
I have Najas indica, hornwort, and Salvinia minima. The Najas will root itself a little, and is more of a mid-water floating plant that will fill the open water relatively quickly. The hornwort floats at the surface, and does fill the tank over time, but from the top down. The Salvinia is a surface floater, similar to duckweed but the leaves are much larger and it doesn't grow as a million individual little plants. Easier than duckweed to thin out when necessary.

Ashes2ashes

Smash the owl!
May 4, 2010
Cola town SC
Real Name
Ash
I have Salvinia Minima as well, but it's illegal to ship to your state. It is on your noxious weed list. I also have Oak Leaf Watersprite if you end up wanting the both the Anacharis and Watersprite I can throw some in although it might not be as pretty as some other peoples. It is in my "jungle tank" and has not been clipped for quite some time lol. My shrimp love it that way, but it doesn't make it look it's best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store