floor refinishing

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dino_eel

AC Members
Oct 21, 2005
In probably two months we're going to refinish the wood floors in my house, will the fumes affect the fish in the aquariums?

TetraFreak

Church of the Freshwater Aquarium!
Dec 14, 2005
Sweet Home "Northern" Alabama
if you keep the areas around the tanks very well ventilated, you should be fine. if they're small enough tanks, you may want to move them while the renovation is going on to avoid any possible problems.

dino_eel

AC Members
Oct 21, 2005
I figured that I had to move them, both are right over the areas that need to be refinished, should I move the tanks to another room and keep them well ventilated?

TetraFreak

Dec 14, 2005
dino_eel said:
I figured that I had to move them, both are right over the areas that need to be refinished, should I move the tanks to another room and keep them well ventilated?
Yes, definately well ventilated. Especially if you're running any air pumps as those will put any of the caustic stuff from the air directly into tank in form of bubbles.

dino_eel

AC Members
Oct 21, 2005
what about fish that can breath air directly from the surface?, i have a senegalus bichir and a weatherloach, will they be affected?

TetraFreak

Dec 14, 2005
that's why you want to keep the tanks "Well Ventilated!"

Perhaps move them to a room that is not being worked on, open the windows & place a fan in the window to circulate & bring in FRESH Air from outside.

dino_eel

AC Members
Oct 21, 2005
ok i get it now, as long as there is no still air around the aquariums they will be ok, thanks for your help, and sorry if i seemed slow for a while

TetraFreak

Dec 14, 2005
no problem...

hope the floors look as good as you want them too when everything's done!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store