For Msjinkzd - Show Your Support

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

CrimsonBlush

Attemping to post rather than lurk
Jun 15, 2008
Twin Cities
crimsonblush.deviantart.com
Real Name
Miah
I'm sorry for your loss Rachel :(

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
I really appreciate the support that I know I can rely upon from my AC folks. My mom was the only part of my family that was involved and present in my life. I was her most staunch supporter and she mine.

She took ill the 7th with respiratory arrest. They thought they had her all fixed up and had projected a release 2 days later. Instead she developed severe pneumonia (over 3/4 of her lungs were totally infiltrated) which led to ARDS. Because of the ARDS, she developed severe kidney failure and liver failure. We learned that all of this was due to legionaires disease. She died on her wedding anniversary on the 20th to a man that was clearly the love of her life. We are planning a memorial service on teh anniversary date of their public wedding reception, in July.

Its very difficult to lose her. I can take comfort in a few facts. 1. she went out doing what she loved, traveling around the country on her motorcycle to visit all of us 2. she made her death wishes very clear which makes me feel as though the choices I am making now reflect what she wanted 3. she will always be remembered as the spitfire she was as she went out young, just 59.

I called her hurricane Pam, she was a 4'11" force to be reckoned with, logging over 50k miles on her harley fat boy and staying active in the therapeutic community (she was a PT for handicapped children, founding several therapeutic riding programs) as well as an active member of the Lucky Ladies, the Red Hats, and the Motor Maids. She volunteered frequently at her local animal shelter and was an amazing woman.

I can honestly say I will miss her terribly. I am saddened that my kids didn't get more time with her. My children are 6, 7, 13 and it seems to young to be without a grandmother but you don't get to choose these things.

Thanks again for all the support. RIP mom (pictured with her beloved husband, Kim to whom I am eternally greatful for the love and support he gave her so she could actualize and become the complete person she was).
mom_and_kim.jpg

mom_and_kim.jpg

jbowzer7

AC Members
Apr 5, 2008
Red Wing, MN
It is always hard to loose a loved one. I know her being so young makes it even harder. I lost my dad in 1990, and my mom in 2008 and I still go through some difficult times every once in awhile to this day. I still cherish the memories I have of them.

It sounds like your mother lived a very fulfilled life and lived it to the fullest. My prayers are with you and your family. Bless you guys!

melissadotson

AC Members
Mar 30, 2009
parkersburg wv
sorry to hear about nyour loss...i lost my dad 2 years ago..i know how hard it is to lose a parent..i hope the best for you in the future and in all you do!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store