FS For Sale: Dwarf Water Lettuce

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

kcartwright856

AC Members
Mar 8, 2012
Millersburg, PA
www.facebook.com
Real Name
KC
Hello! I have quite a few portions of healthy frogbit for sale. Each portion is the size of one flat sandwich baggie.

Ships in a small flat-rate USPS box. 10 dollars per portion shipped, with each additional portion at 5 dollars if shipped in the same box to the same address.

100% free of duckweed and other floaters to infiltrate your tank!

These are pictures from above and below the water of the frogbit being offered. Click the pictures to see them at full size.

Thank you!

kcartwright856

AC Members
Mar 8, 2012
Millersburg, PA
www.facebook.com
Real Name
KC
Someone has brought it to my attention that this may be dwarf water lettuce.

The starter plants were sold to me as frogbit, so I am unsure. I will change the info if I get a proper identification!

Still for sale, though!

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
These definitely are dwarf water lettuce, they get confused quite a bit. I got some "frogbit" from a member called afishpond (or something like that) a few years ago and what you have is exactly what I received...I actually prefer the dwarf water lettuce, they can stand up to the summer temps better :)

This is what frogbit looks like. It's difficult to ship to the southern states, because it melts in the heat. I have received more than one package that is just a mushy mess, in spite of the seller packing as carefully as possible.

I'm interested in one portion for my two mini ponds. (I lost all of mine with the freeze last year.) Do you know approximately how many plants one portion would consist of? I only need about 10 to get started.

Last edited:

kcartwright856

AC Members
Mar 8, 2012
Millersburg, PA
www.facebook.com
Real Name
KC
Thank you. I feel a bit better knowing that it isn't a rare mistake!

I counted about 20 plants out in the portions that I had intended, and boy do I have a lot. My 29 gallon is so packed full that the new baby leaves have nowhere to go and are starting to wither a bit. I don't know if it's a good or a bad thing that they reproduce so quickly! Well, not as quickly as duckweed, thankfully.

kcartwright856

AC Members
Mar 8, 2012
Millersburg, PA
www.facebook.com
Real Name
KC
I sent you a PM with details!

For everyone else... I still have many, many portions left!

I'm unable to edit the original post and title, or rather I can't figure it out, so I am very sorry about the improper description. I had no clue until after I posted!

GOSKN5

AC Members
Apr 24, 2011
hello, I would like a package... do you think it will make it in the heat we are having on the east coast??

kcartwright856

AC Members
Mar 8, 2012
Millersburg, PA
www.facebook.com
Real Name
KC
Platytudes just got her package today and said that the plants weren't looking so hot, but still had some bright green. I will probably wait until this heat lets up to sell more because I don't want anyone to waste their money!

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
They were packed well, but the temperatures have been extremely hot here...summer is a tough time to ship plants, that's for sure! I do see some promising sprigs, so they may come back...they don't call these weeds for nothing ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store