for those who helped thank you heres an update and pictures

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mercury57106

AC Members
Mar 8, 2009
i added a few coral to my tank got a good deal got 4 mushrooms for 15$ and some purple poly thingie if ya can identify awesome

clowns are doing great happy as a clown can be

coral the 2nd day 007.JPG coral 008.JPG

fsn77

AC Moderators
Staff member
Feb 22, 2006
SC
It looks like you have green star polyps there (GSP) -- purple mat, green polyps. They're pretty hardy and will encrust over just about anything.

Robert04

Aspiring Self Proclaimed Expert
Dec 31, 2008
Your clownfish has a mouth disease.. Mine had the same thing it was contagious because he passed it to the other one and they both died.. I tried a few different meds and nothing cured.. Go ID that.. I read some people added some air to the tank and others increased flow o nthe surface.. but that didnt help me.. their mouths deteriated and they died.. I fed them lots of different foods from the clownfish diet..

PS clownfish have alot of there own diseases.. and some believe they hurt themselves or pickup parasites etc from picking at the live rock..

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
Whilst the clown in the picture does look like it has something wrong with it's mouth, without a close up photo I wouldn't be too quick to diagnose. My clown had a similar looking mouth, which I put down to bruising from chucking my corals around. It's healed up fine and she's still alive 12 months on.

And FSN is right, those polyps will spread nicely around your tank. Youcould also place some smaller rocks near them to encourage them to grow onto them and then sell them on yourself:)

Phatboydime

AC Members
Dec 22, 2008
so would I

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store