FOr Virginia Beach, Norfolk, and Newport News people

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Death Pony

AC Members
Feb 7, 2009
Fredericksburg and Newport News, VA
I was just in this store two weeks ago and to be honest I wasn't impressed with their freshwater selection, their saltwater section is however AMAZING. They offered no shrimp and very few dwarf cichlids. Not to mention I wasn't fond of the small enclosures they kept their water monitor in as well as a large cat species that they had in a small little room.
You didn't look hard enough. They have Apistogramma in one of the plant tanks, they just stay hidden most of them time. They had a lot of shrimp a few months ago, I'm trying to get them to order more. Do you mean the pond by the large room? I'm hoping they trade off the large cats as they outgrow it.

The saltwater section is pretty impressive, and the reptile room...... that speaks for itself.

Death Pony

AC Members
Feb 7, 2009
hmmmm.....zebra's for $2???? man i would have to seriously doubt that one. i would be completely and totally surprised. WoW is all i can say.
They were having a sale when I was there. The base price was either 4 or 6, can't remember. They'll have some pretty insane deals on occasion. Best deal I've ever seen there was $60 for a breeding pair of synspilum, nice ones too.

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
You didn't look hard enough. They have Apistogramma in one of the plant tanks, they just stay hidden most of them time. They had a lot of shrimp a few months ago, I'm trying to get them to order more. Do you mean the pond by the large room? I'm hoping they trade off the large cats as they outgrow it.

The saltwater section is pretty impressive, and the reptile room...... that speaks for itself.
I spoke with someone there for quite a bit of time and was told the apistos were the only dwarf cichlids they offered as well as they had "a few" cherry shrimp but none others. The cat I am speaking of is an actual cat not a fish that is kept in a small little room in the middle of the store.

Death Pony

AC Members
Feb 7, 2009
I spoke with someone there for quite a bit of time and was told the apistos were the only dwarf cichlids they offered as well as they had "a few" cherry shrimp but none others. The cat I am speaking of is an actual cat not a fish that is kept in a small little room in the middle of the store.
Oh, the serval! He has two rooms to move between and a lot of climbing space. That whole structure, minus the monkey enclosure, is his. Plus he gets walks, hence the harness.

They usually have curviceps, kribs, Nanochromis nudiceps, rock kribensis, and a few others. A few months ago they had red cherry shrimp, Sakura shrimp, Amano shrimp, and long armed red claw shrimp. Their stock changes on an almost monthly basis.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store