Forget the krib. Apistos!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

severum mama

is a big bowl of wrong.
Dec 30, 2006
North GA
I agree with the above. Check out Apistos (Rams actually are a type of Apisto)
Actually, rams are in the genus mikrogeophagus (or papillochromis, depending on who you ask), and apistos are in the genus apistogramma. They are very similar in terms of habitat preference, feeding, spawning, etc. with the exception of some apistos that are harem spawners.;)

I'd say go for apistos, if you can find some. After you keep them, rams just seem kind of... common, even though I'll always like them too.:)

trashion

AC Members
Oct 19, 2007
Okay, I'm looking at getting Apistogramma Cacatuoides. These are my 2 options:

-"box o' pistos" deal on aquabid, which gets you 4 pairs of any kind of apisto for $40 (plus shipping) I would then try and resell the extras...though I don't know how well that'll work out.
-buy 1 pair of the apistos from the same seller and hope for the best?
What would you recommend?

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
Okay, I'm looking at getting Apistogramma Cacatuoides. These are my 2 options:

-"box o' pistos" deal on aquabid, which gets you 4 pairs of any kind of apisto for $40 (plus shipping) I would then try and resell the extras...though I don't know how well that'll work out.
-buy 1 pair of the apistos from the same seller and hope for the best?
What would you recommend?
I got my Triple Red Cac. from the same seller (Apisto Dave). Both arrived safe and sound and in great shape. Where are you located?

feemia

AC Members
Mar 20, 2007
South-Central Washington
Apisto Dave (the box o' pistos guy) also auctions pairs. Or, if you're within driving distance of Sisters, Oregon he'd probably sell you a pair or a trio and let you pick them up at his hatchery. His website has contact info http://www.apistogrammaidiots.com

I've never ordered from him. Every time I set up a new tank it gets filled before I can contact him.

trashion

AC Members
Oct 19, 2007
Far away from Oregon. I live just above NYC.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store