Four Yellow Tangs Dead

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

J_Vee

AC Members
Jan 12, 2005
I just broke down and ordered a 4 stage RO unit, hopefully, that will help resolve the problem. Thanks

J_Vee

wayne

AC Members
Dec 17, 2002
Stavanger, Norway
Visit site
Well maybe you're overfeeding. Whatever, low pH, high phosphate and algae says you have a water quality problem in your tank. What size water changes you doing? Tried 5 gallons every week?

3lawssafe

AC Members
Jan 27, 2005
You need to stop buying fish for the moment. You need to get some water changes done and keep your parems. up to par. Ph is way to low. needs to be 8.3. This alone is stressfull to everything. Your salinity is low as well. This needs to be 1.024. A few higher is fine. Lower is marginal.

Stop using distilled water. This will cause algae problems and phosphates. Get rid of your phosphate sponge or whatever it is you are using. Hook up your ro/di system and make some good clean water. Mix in your salt, stir and let stand a few minutes. Then do a good water change. I would do about 10 gallons to start and then 5 gallons weekly for a month. This should get your system back up to par.

What salt are you using?

J_Vee

AC Members
Jan 12, 2005
Instant ocean. I am not adding any new livestock until I get the pH corrected. Again thanks for the help.

J_Vee

AC Members
Jan 12, 2005
I recalibrated the pH meter then took it to the LFS and he tested the unit against one of his pH meter and it is identical. I put the probe back in my tank and the pH reads 8.3, so the pH problem was related to the meter. I am still working on getting rid of the hair algae and the Salinity is up to 1.022. Thanks for all the help.

Joe

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store