foxface thoughts...:)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

boojumsnark25

AC Members
Aug 13, 2006
A foxface was the first saltwater fish I ever bought. I would definitely recommend one. Mine was very hardy, enough to survive all of my learning mistakes. It also seemed very smart, it knew when feeding time was before I would even come to the tank. If you get one, it might be worth it to invest in a pair of aquagloves...a couple times he came a little too close for comfort.

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
yep, the foxface is a great fish . When I inquired about it to the lfs employee, he strongly suggested against it, (because of possibly being stung), but after researching the fish, I ended up purchasing it.

It now eats off my hand, never had any issues with it at all.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Have you ever seen what happens in a cartoon when someone hits their thumb with a hammer? That's what it felt like when I got hit by one. I caught him in a plastic viewer and while carrying it to the bagging station I shifted my grip in such a way that my thumb was in the water. When I set it down on the counter BANG! They're not aggressive about it but be careful. That was one of if not the the most painful things I have ever felt. And btw if you go reef be careful. Most are fine but I know of one that decimated a Wellso. After the fish was removed the coral recovered quickly and fully.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store