Fragging an RBTA

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

emptywallet

another youngling who is clueless
Apr 19, 2008
Ohio
Real Name
David
i cant seem to grow any in my tank

emptywallet

another youngling who is clueless
Apr 19, 2008
Ohio
Real Name
David
also how was the feeling of the anemone stinging cells?

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
also how was the feeling of the anemone stinging cells?
Haha. The bubble tips usually arent able to penetrate your skin unless you have a cut or something. That being said, this guy has stung me through my skin before, and it wasn't the nicest of feelings. He is definitely sticky, but it doesnt hurt. I did have gloves though to do it, but it was hard to get him off the rock with them, and by the time i ripped him off with my bare hands, i knew he wasnt going to do too much. A little irritation here and there, but not bad :p

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
here are the pictures I took yesterday. Things are looking even better today.

salty420

this fish was coming on to me
Mar 8, 2007
Sugar Grove, IL
Keep us updated on this, I'll be interested to see how they turn out. You're certainly more brave than me, I feel guilty fragging my corals let alone an anemone:eek3:
im with you cpd, i can't even bring myself to sell off my mother rbta let alone think about cutting it in half! :eek3:

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Glad it worked out for you. Fortunately, RBTAs are probably the most forgiving in terms of fragging. The success rate for other species is much lower, which is why I never attempted it (seems to be close to 50/50).

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
im with you cpd, i can't even bring myself to sell off my mother rbta let alone think about cutting it in half! :eek3:
:p coward....:headbang2:
:silly::silly::silly:

just kidding... (of course) :lipssealedsmilie:
haha

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
:p coward....:headbang2:
:silly::silly::silly:

just kidding... (of course) :lipssealedsmilie:
haha

LMAO. Well they certainly seem to be OK. And I'm still not going to try it - mainly because mine had an argument with a powerhead and lost:wall:

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Superb video Fishie....Really enjoyed looking through this thread....I have to admit, its not something i have ever thought about, HOWEVER, after seeing this, and seeing how well they look in the updated photo, i would concider doing this myself now....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store