Fresh water test kits - recommendations

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Jake, I have had a Hanna TDS meter, it was cheap but with not something everyone needs. What other Hanna tests have you used? (time for a new TDS meter next Amazon order)...

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Get 10 fish, let her name them all.

Plan aquarium shopping next month.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
LOL, dougall! I'm sure that's how it works at your house...yeah, right! Sheila "just" names your fish, HA!

Borrego, do not get 10 oscars, dougall was teasing you & me both! He & his partner have been keeping more fish tanks than I can imagine...but I think I win the hobby longevity stakes against them ;) but not with everyone here on AC...

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I think we have several decades of experience between us, but yes.. I'm only joking.

And we are really down to less than a dozen at this point, likely to go down more in the near future.

But if you get her attached to the fish you will be able to buy as many aquariums as you like!

(Neither of us has named a fish in 15+ years)

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
Jake, I have had a Hanna TDS meter, it was cheap but with not something everyone needs. What other Hanna tests have you used? (time for a new TDS meter next Amazon order)...
Right now the only hanna kit i have is chlorine.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
TY jake, I think I can skip that 1. My pH doesn't change very much so I don't feel the need for a meter for that. An API test once in a while is good enough. I did like being able to test TDS & temp quickly. I thought the Hanna TDS meter temp reading was likely more accurate than the crappy thermometers I've used...but none of my fish are very temp sensitive; not a big deal to me or my current fish...But I do like to know.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store