Freshly started SW

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DeeSeven

AC Members
Feb 4, 2007
CT
distilled water is terrible for your fish corals and just about everything in your tank..your best bet is to buy store brought spring water

jimmak85

AC Members
Feb 23, 2009
distilled water is terrible for your fish corals and just about everything in your tank..your best bet is to buy store brought spring water
so you mean to tell me that water coming from a natural spring is better than water that has no impurities? so I should use natural spring water for water changes rather than distilled

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
You don't have and LFS's that sell RO water? You might be able to find a better deal on an RO unit off ebay or somewhere. It will definitely pay for itself.

If you can't get RO, go with the filtered water from Wal-mart, etc. The kind you dispense yourself.

DeeSeven

AC Members
Feb 4, 2007
CT
so you mean to tell me that water coming from a natural spring is better than water that has no impurities? so I should use natural spring water for water changes rather than distilled

distilled water is completely pure of everything even the good things for your fish and corals. Unless you plan on dosing for those missing additives then by all means do it up

jimmak85

AC Members
Feb 23, 2009
distilled water is completely pure of everything even the good things for your fish and corals. Unless you plan on dosing for those missing additives then by all means do it up
oh ok cool, what else might i expect to pop out of the rubble rock besides my three feather dusters.....??

DeeSeven

AC Members
Feb 4, 2007
CT
it all depends on where your rock came from its literally countless amount of things that can come out

jimmak85

AC Members
Feb 23, 2009
Did a water test tonight,

ammonia: 0
nitrite: 0
nitrate: 0
PH: 7.8
temp: 79
S/G: 1.028

so its been a couple days and I still dont see any ammonia, is this normal? Once again I used Nutri-Sea already mixed water to start the tank off and 2.5 pounds of ruble rock that was partially cured. Not tryin to be a pain I just dont want any screw ups. Shouldn't there be any die off from the live rock by now? Thanks for all the comments and answering all my rhetorical questions.

jimmak85

AC Members
Feb 23, 2009
Everyone might also be happy to know my ghost shrimp is bout to have babies in my 10 gal. freshwater tank lol.

jimmak85

AC Members
Feb 23, 2009
Tank looks great so far...keep us posted!

http://www.aquarianow.com
just thought i'd give everyone an update.... we now have 3 blue leg hermits and one red tip, all about 1/4" big. Last night we got a small frag of yellow colony polyp about 4"-5" in size for $25 at our LFS in blackwood. I'm gonna try and get good pics in a few minutes. Did a little re-scaping also.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store