Freshwater Master test kit

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
I buy the test kits individually as I don't care about some of my readings such as hardness. I care mostly about the 3 major ones - ammonia, nitrite, nitrate. I get far more tests in the individual test kits, therefore it lasts longer.

I do keep some test strips on hand and have matched them against the API kits and found them to be accurate. I have no problems with the strips and I make sure they are the freshest I can get.

lateinningmagic

Call Me E-Man
Apr 14, 2009
New York
I buy the test kits individually as I don't care about some of my readings such as hardness. I care mostly about the 3 major ones - ammonia, nitrite, nitrate. I get far more tests in the individual test kits, therefore it lasts longer.

I do keep some test strips on hand and have matched them against the API kits and found them to be accurate. I have no problems with the strips and I make sure they are the freshest I can get.

What do you mean about getting more tests out of individual bottles? I bought the Ammonia liquid test from API as well as NitrIte and NitrAte test strips from API when I first started fishkeeping (properly) and after the test strips ran out I bought the API master test kit (Ammonia, NitrIte, NitrAte, PH, High Range PH) and the bottles of ammonia from the master test kit and the individual test kit are the same.

geekboy

AC Members
Jul 1, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Indeed. Since the master API kit is just a combo of the individual Ammo, Nitrite, Nitrate, and low/hi PH kits (along with a handy case). Even if you don't need the PH tests, it's still a cost saver for a first-time investment.

coach_z

AC Members
Jan 12, 2009
NJ - Northern
Real Name
Chris
well, if you are going to test the following (from petmountain.com)(drsfostersmith is blocked at work):
PH $3.59
High Range PH $4.39
Nitrite $4.39
Nitrate $5.19
Ammonia $5.89
Total: 23.45

All of these comprise APIs Master Test Kit, $21.95

for a savings of less than two dollars. If you know you will NEVER test your high range ph (if you have very soft, acidic, low ph water) then by not getting the high range ph test you are saving money.)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store