friendly eel?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Re: my turn

Originally posted by dbcb314
2nd, childawg
how do you know anything about my expertise level? ive just started posted on this board, because it seems the people here have some sense. but that doesnt mean i havent had fish for a while, and many different kinds of fish at that. ive had 5 fish at my house running at one time(right now four) and ive had a bunch of different fish. and no, i wont leave. i dont have to leave. just because i got pissed and got rid of fish i now hated, doesnt mean i dont know anything. maybe people want to hear what i know.
Okay, then, but two statements which you have had in separate threads lead me to believe the worst. If you do have expertise, I would expect you to show some restraint and actually share it. Getting pissed off and killing barbs is not funny, none of us find it that way, and we hope that you do have something valuable to share and then share it.

I'm sorry that we got off on the wrong foot, but killing fish because you hated them strikes a nerve. Be careful in what you post, and I think that, with your alleged level of expertise, you will become well-respected here. Welcome aboard.

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
I believe if you had such a high level of expertise you would know that tiger barbs are pretty nippy and aggressive when kept in small groups. They are schooling fish and should be kept in groups of at least 5.

Instead of you being upset that your fish were killed you seem quite proud of it and didnt hesistate at all to tell us about how you "sentanced them to death"

dbcb314

Hates the Overstocking Police
Apr 12, 2003
Indiana
Visit site
chilidawg,
im not sayin im master fish guy, but could help some since ive had so many fish. you probably know a lot more than me. were cool though

slipnottin,
where did you even come from? you obviously didnt come to help the dude with the eel thing, you just came over here to flame. and, before i had tiger barbs, i didnt know much about them. so i had no expertise on them at all. i did know they nipped fins notoriously but, read that in groups of 3 or more they would bother themselves, not others. obviously i was wrong, and promptly put that book away in a shelf somewhere. and im not upset, it happened a long time ago. i added that to put spice in my post. i didnt know it would distract everyone. i didnt know people would get all pissy about it.

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
Originally posted by dbcb314
obviously i was wrong, and promptly put that book away in a shelf somewhere
hmm. you were wrong so you decided to take it out on three of your fish?

You didnt expect people to get pissy about you "sentancing fish to death"? You said yourself you were wrong, so why did you feel the need to kill them?

And actually I came to this thread because Chil had told me about it, i am supposed to moderate the forum after all.

Adding "spice" to your posts about the killing of fish is something none of us want to read about.

Last edited:

heedicus

aqua-nerd in training
Dec 23, 2001
Boise, ID
www.skijor.bravepages.com
well that answers that question...
thanks all i think i might hold off for a little.
t

MonoSebaelover

Anableps
Apr 20, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
www.shiredalefarm.com
Chil also sent me a note to look into this, so Slip and I did. Our job is to make sure that most of the info is accurate and there is no people that have fun killing fish or think they are stupid so start posts that say so. If you go back and look at your original post from a DIFFERENT perspective then you will see where we are coming from. We didn't mean to jump you but the way you made it sound was you enjoyed watching them die. That was the impression I got and so did a couple of others. Also to further your expertise based on the questions you asked me is as follows; the reason the Barbs went after the Eels was they were easy targets just laying on the bottom and the Eels had no way of fighting back. I'm suprised they didn't try and jump out. That is generally their first option. You may have your opinions about fish and them dying but others have other opinions so please respect that. By saying (like Slip said) "sentencing fish to death" that generally ticks people off since we take these creatures out of their natural habitat and we as owners are supposed to give them the best possible care. I know I do and that is all that really matters to me. Like I said earlier, I'm sorry if it seemed like I jumped you but the way you made it sound kinda infuriated me. Plus I have had a REALLY bad day, and am very sorry if I put any of that anger towards you. I didn't mean to. I hope you stay around and learn more and more about the hobby. No one is an expert and you will get 3 different answers from 3 different people if asked the same question. Sorry again!

stoneage

AC Members
Mar 2, 2003
Visit site
You could try a rope fish, they are friendly if a bit shy. Mine is ok in a community tank though it does like to eat small thin fish like danio. Eventually even small danio will become wary and I still have a leopard danio who has avoided being eaten for 6 weeks. They wont bother anything thats too big to swallow.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store