Frontosa Mates

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

court109

AC Members
Dec 30, 2002
Ottawa Canada
Visit site
I'm in the process of cycling a 120 gal tank. and would like to create a Tanganyika setup featuring some frontosa. (Perhaps 1 male and 3 female). I don't want a species tank but I'm have difficulty finding a suitable tank mates. Does anyone have suggestions or experiences of other tanganyikians I could try.

ca

mosammy121

i am a fish!!smell me??
Nov 1, 2001
how 'bout another frontosa :D just kidding,i'd have to say try some calvus but you may have to buy an adult coz they grow really slow(adults are pretty pricey)
oooooh you know what try armkesrareaquariumfish.com or armkes.com they have proly the best selection of tangantikan cichlids if you call they'll answer questions for ya.

gregga

I'm Mighty Megala..(wife: whatever)
Jan 8, 2000
Long Island
sorry I missed this thread.........

First, what size are the fronts?..Remember, they get real big ... males up to 14"..females to 10", so your 120 could probably handle a few other large fish....With large Fronts, I have had success with large open-water swimmers such as Cyto moorri and large Peacocks and some Protomelas species. With smaller fronts Calvus and Julies would work while the fronts grew out.........Fronts are piscivores, so they will eat other fish.....make sure tankmates are a suitable size.... I would stay away from Mbuna for dietary and temperament reasons...good luck........

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store