*future* 55 Gallon Setup

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Harlock

Educated Idiot
Dec 15, 2004
San Angelo, TX
members.cox.net
Seaman said:
Hey oddball, I'm in dallas too. Just wondering where bouts you get your fish?? I usually go to Dallas North, or the fish gallery. Know any other "hole in the wall" places??
:OT:

Forgive me, but I'm stuck in West Central Texas (about a 4-5 hour drive from Dallas) but I do have family in Dallas that frequently comes in. Have either of you ever seen Endler's Livebearers (erroneously called guppies at times) in any store out that way? If I could track down some that could be driven and not shipped I'd feel a lot better. Think a minnow bucket with a battery operated aerator could keep a couple trios safe for the drive?

Oddball~

Brackhead
Nov 18, 2004
Dallas, TX
hmm.......possibly

Tekhna

AC Members
Aug 17, 2004
Harlock said:
:OT:

Forgive me, but I'm stuck in West Central Texas (about a 4-5 hour drive from Dallas) but I do have family in Dallas that frequently comes in. Have either of you ever seen Endler's Livebearers (erroneously called guppies at times) in any store out that way? If I could track down some that could be driven and not shipped I'd feel a lot better. Think a minnow bucket with a battery operated aerator could keep a couple trios safe for the drive?

My experience has been pretty good, but I had a great setup for my little guys bringing them home from Christmas break from way eastern Indiana to Minnesota (12 hour drive)
I got a little cartridge filter that ran off of an air pump, and I powered the air pump with an adaptor to my car cigarette lighter. I put them in a 2.5 gallon bucket, I switched out a gallon about half way through with clean water, and I got 6 black phantoms, 2 cories and a betta back safely, with no losses. So I am sure you would be more than fine going for 4-5 hours.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store