future tank stock

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I'm with Salty on the stocking numbers. Although some get away with large bioloads it isn't something I'd recommend to someone because of the high potential for problems. I also endorse not getting the dragonette at all in a tank that size, I don't feel you'll be able to keep it supplied with enough pods. They aren't the only fish to eat pods so the other fish will eat them as well and as fast as a dragonette eats them they'll go through your supply rapidly..less than a week in many cases.

40galreefman

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Buffalo, NY
grins, thanks for the input, and sorry to hear about your rbta, i understand your concern with the bio load, but im' sure with the size of the sump and tank, i should be able to maintain 7 to 8 fish, i will also have about 40x turnover with the pumps and powerheads, but really if you think that 7--8 is too may i may reconsider my list, i just wanted to throw it out there for the people's opinion to help me sway to which would be interesting fish for my tank, i'm really big on activity and just overall interesting fish. now, i know that sounds childish, almost woman-like" i like how that one looks!!":grinyes: but it's just how i like my tanks!!

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
I admit I am probably the exception to the rule. I say 7-8 fish max for a beginner.. and that 7-8 fish should be added over the span of at least a year (with the exception of a mated pair or the cardinals). I just get a kick of it when people say you can't have xx amount of fish in xx size tank without actually trying it. I have a very established tank and check parameters all the time. I also don't have to pay for saltwater so it makes doing 5G a day water changes no big deal. I usually do it on the morning on my way out the door to work.. just takes a minute.

40galreefman

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Buffalo, NY
ace- true, 5 gal is a quick water change but i will not be storing water here because i live in an apartment but my mother lives 10 min from here and that is where i have my ro and storage buckets, i bring home about 20 gal a week or so for my 2 fw tanks, and i'm sure that number will increase once i get this reef tank going, but i'll also be trying to talk with the landlord about hooking my ro unit up in the basement here, i'm sure she'd be understanding but i dont wanna go thru the hassle of moving it here from my mothers, also my brother would flip because we split the cost of it!! and he has 2-33 gal tanks and a 55 he's setting up right now, so he uses it more than i do. any ways i'm rambling i'll leave some room for more suggestions.

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I have a bali green slimer as well. Hopefully you can get yours to color up. It will appear even more green once the polyps start coming out, looks like they are still retracted for a bit. Expect it grow fast!

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Ya, I took that pic 5 minutes after placing it in my tank. It's my first SPS, but hopefully not my last. Here is a pic of the persons tank in my club that I got it from. I took these pics for him in trade for the frag.

40galreefman

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Buffalo, NY
what a deal pics for frags, and that is a great looking coral, also your frendz tank is sweet, i love how it looks like a piece of an actual reef

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store