Garden 2009

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DarrylR

AC Members
Sep 17, 2007
Maryland
Nice!! hey how easy are the grapes / peaches / water melons to grow? I want to get a vegetable patch started, just not really sure where to start at the moment (or how large a patch to plant). Growing some fruit as well as vegetables would be great.
Took 2 years to finally see some grapes as for the peaches we have 2 trees to be able to populate each other and only had them for 1 year now. We have green apples tree as well but one never grew and one did and I am guessing without the 2nd tree there was no strong growth.

As for planting best to have a patch where you can go in between the plants, behind and front. Easy to harvest and plant, also there is one spot that gets sunlight than shade... east?? west?? Can't remember.

Tomatoes are the easiest to grow, we grown them since our old house and its only water and sunlight we do not use any growth fertilizers or pesticides.

Looks good Darryl. I added some herbs to my garden this year. The mint was coming in so nicely over the weekend that the Mrs. and I decided to make some delicious mojitos with it. :D
Mmmm mojitos! Next year when I get my patch I plan to go crazy with herbs too :D.

DarrylR

AC Members
Sep 17, 2007
Maryland
Found out the Dwarf Peaches are ripe now :D. After finding a few peaches on the floor that looks like deer bites >__<.

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
Nice little garden. Enjoy the fruits of your labor.
When you make your plans to move it, you might want to move those grapes off the siding of the house. The vines can cause damage to the house.
I once had a raised bed that hubby made that was 3 ft wide and 12 ft long. at 3 ft wide you can reach everything from each side....square foot gardening is a nice concept worth researching too.

DarrylR

AC Members
Sep 17, 2007
Maryland
Yuppers we been searching around for a decent size and cheap trellis for the grapes :D.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store