Gauging interest - The Maxx (Sam Kieth) complete series comic lot - Shipping - 34479

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
No, thank you very much for speaking up! I seriously loved this series too, when I have a bit more cash flow I plan on buying the DVD (my VHS tapes "burnt out" long ago) :) Supposedly it's got great resolution, lots of extras.

It's hard for me to explain to people what was so great about the series, but between the excellent writing and the equally good illustration style (kind of reminds me of a very loose Frank Frazetta) I was just smitten!

They have been gathering dust for a few years now, though, so I figure it's time to pass it on.

Ashes2ashes

Smash the owl!
May 4, 2010
Cola town SC
Real Name
Ash
Oh man, the DVD is going to FLOOR you!! I also got it because I wore out my VHS to pieces lol. That resolution is SO much better on the DVD. I can't really explain why I was so in love with the series either...I just love all of it...the isz, Mr. Gone, Sarah, all of it. I even loved the voices they chose fore the animated series. :)

NYCguppydude

Guppy Addict
Dec 14, 2008
NYC,NY,10034
wildguppystore.com
Real Name
Andy G.
Good luck on your sale! Would it be at all possible for you to update me on what you sell them for? I have a huge comics collection that I'm thinking of selling soon including The MAXX!
Oh! And by the way I never got to see the animated series but I did like the comic adaptation!!!

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
No problem! I've seen many eBay listings (when browsing through completed listings) and they've had no bids, usually the price starts at $100 on the high end, $65 on the low end. I'm thinking they will sell if the price starts at a penny, I'm planning on making it a 14 day auction.

ncbullshtr

Registered Member
Mar 14, 2013
The Maxx

Do you still have the complete series of the Maxx for sale? If so, what kind of condition are the books in and how much are you asking?

Thank you.

Hi everyone. I'm trying to get rid of some of my books...I need fewer bookcases and more aquariums :grinyes:

I imagine a few of us on here like comics. I'm not big into them, but I fell in love with one series - "The Maxx" - by Sam Kieth. Some of you may remember the animated series which appeared as part of MTV Oddities (back in the early '90s when MTV was cool!)

Is anyone interested in the complete lot of this series? Issues #1-35, plus all of the Friends of Maxx (#1-3), and his other projects, Zero Girl, Legs and Four Women.

I would be willing to trade for this lot. I would also be happy to sell it, but I'm not sure what kind of price to set. If anyone has any clue, even if you're not interested in buying the series, I would love any insight! If there's no interest on here, I'll just start it up as a penny auction on eBay and see where it goes from there...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store