GBR Fry

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bored4

AC Members
Nov 5, 2009
Michigan
I recently got 3 pair of GBRs from Ponderingky here on AC. Hes great guy and shipped me some nice rams. He packages the fish very well and ships them out cheaply. His angels are also great to, so I'd recommend keeping an eye out for him on the for sale section.

Well with in a week i had all 3 of the pair spawn but only one pair did so on a leaf, so that i could pull the eggs. I pulled the eggs into a 1gallon container with an air stone and in 7days i had free swimmers.

At first i wasn't sure i had food small enough for these guys. But i tried some hard boiled egg yolk dissolved in water and it worked! It seems to only be needed for the first few days with these guy though. By day 4 of free swimming they were able to eat baby brine shrimp. These guys are now 10 days free swimming.

I'm trying to get a real close up but my digital camera is like 10 years old and sucks at taking a pictures that have anything to do with water.

I only have about 30 left. I've probably had about 70 die off from the wigglers stage til now. I'm sure this was just natural selection than any other issue, As i do 50% daily water changes and make sure to keep the container as clean as i can.

I'll update as they get bigger.

ponderingky

AC Members
Sep 24, 2009
Ashland, KY
Jason that's awesome!! All mine have been laying in the sand so I haven't been able to pull any for a while. You are doing great with them - hope they all make it and you get to have a tank full - they are the coolest little fish. BTW - thanks for the kind words.

Great job, keep it up! :headbang2:

bored4

AC Members
Nov 5, 2009
Michigan
Well they are now 20 days old and getting bigger. I think i have 27 left. These are the best closes-ups i can get with my crappy camera.

Possible pair already?

bored4

AC Members
Nov 5, 2009
Michigan
That's got to be one awesome sight to see, The parents herding the fry around. Mine never come close to being parent raisers.

bored4

AC Members
Nov 5, 2009
Michigan
They are now a month old! I have moved them to a 10g to start growing out. I now also have a 2nd spawn at the wigglers stage And some peppered cory fry. I had a pair cories i was trying to breed in the 10g before i moved them out and the GBR's in. I will post pictures of the parents when i actually get some decent shots.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store