German Blue Ram with head wound

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

schmidtfarm

AC Members
Oct 22, 2008
North Carolina
I've seen this to and it was always fatal. Dixienut is right, pristine water is one key. Temps definitely in the low 80's, 85 if you want to breed them. Water has to be soft with a low ph. Never ever put Rams in an uncycled tank. These fish are easily stressed opening the door for disease. I read an article today on a disease process similar to this one where the head wound starts out as a small whiteish pimple - uncurable. UnfortunatlyI cannot locate it now. Columnaris is a possibility and would need medication, sulfas work well. Columnaris can look like fungus and progresses to a nasty open sore that kills unless caught in time. The Ram still having good color doesn't mean he's healing. Fish suffering Nitrite poisoning die in full color. Hopefully this dreadful reply is rebuked by your Ram healing. If so please let us all know how.
Sorry and good luck.

john832

Registered Member
Jun 7, 2009
Did you ever find out what this disease was? Did the fish live? I have a similar problem. Thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store