German Ram needs help!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bluegopher

Asst. Jr. Undersec'y of Aquaria
Jul 20, 2004
RTP, NC
Visit site
Thanks beviking & MajOrFiSh for your input (and the wealth of info). Unfortunately, my little guy did not make it through the day (moment of silence, please). Hopefully his mate will have a better fate.

As for the postmortem...

Lymphocystis
"Lymphocystis is a terminal infection of individual cells, and the effect on the host is generally slight."
-probably not lymphocystis, as the effect was swift and severe, rather than slight.

Furunculosis
"A bacterial disease of salmonids that is usually characterized by boils or furuncles on the skin of affected fish although this is not always the case.....The rapid multiplication of bacteria in the bloodstream causes smaller blood vessels to rupture allowing the bacteria to spread to surrounding tissue. When allowed to advance to this stage, the disease is always fatal."
-Furuncles on my Salmonids? Now there's something that I hope I never have to say in public! Possible - symptoms sound similar, but not sure if this is a likely thing to have in my tank.

cheers
-bg

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store