getting a clown knife today few questions

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BigFishKeeper

Host of Aquatic Wetline Podcast
Feb 23, 2008
Springfield Mass USA
www.blogtalkradio.com
Real Name
Aqua Alex Cardinale
Hello, tommrow I am picking up a 7-8''er clownknife tommrow for 12 dollars. I have a few questions. I will be adding him to my 150 gallon fish tank. My First question is will he be alright to live with 2 S. A Lungfish, a 5''Ornate bichir, 3'' thin bar datnoid, 4'' fire eel, 7'' tinfoil, and 5'' bala shark. Second question what should I feed him?
Thanks,

-Alex
Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas 2009

abarilot

AC Members
Jun 7, 2009
By the Beach!
Real Name
Armand
I wouldnt do it imo. I'd pretty sure they grow pretty quickly and I'd worry about the knife eating some of you smaller tankmates. Once everyone is full size they should be fine but until your SALs, dat, eel, and bichirs get bigger I'd hold off.

laurenrocksth

AC Members
Jun 24, 2008
Milford, NH
I had a clown knife for a while that only ate live food. It was smaller than the fish you're talking about and ate fish larger than some of the ones currently in your tank. I would ABSOLUTELY not get it or re-home all of your smaller fish.

haynchinook334

Cichla NO KA OI'
Dec 3, 2009
Hay alex.....

Just wait till your other fishes grow up a bit then add the CK...

froglover007

Obsessed 13-year-old
Apr 15, 2009
Alberta
I agree with everyone here. It would be all right for a little while but be ready to get a bigger tank soon.

theicequeen

AC Members
Jul 21, 2009
new york
I had a clown knife a few years back. He grew from 4 inches to a little over a foot in a years time. He basically ate most of the tank makes, except for the Bicher eel and the plecos. But I had to give him up when he reached 1 1/2 feet long (very long story). But I think if I kept him then he would end up being the only one left in the tank(if you know what I mean).

67chevelle

Basset Hound
Jul 30, 2008
If you want a knife fish,get a black ghost.Smaller and less likely to eat the fish you have now.Plus it won't outgrow a 150,like a clown will.

BigFishKeeper

Host of Aquatic Wetline Podcast
Feb 23, 2008
Springfield Mass USA
www.blogtalkradio.com
Real Name
Aqua Alex Cardinale
Got my new clownknife!

Clowns only reach 18'' in home aquaria. They get 3 ft in the wild..
Anyways I resuced this guy for 12 dollars and plan to put some size on him:

DSC00313.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store