getting my fish room next week!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

JamieMonster

AC Members
Mar 16, 2012
Chicagoland, USA
Real Name
Jamie
Well, good luck with the project! I still say you should set them up in the basement, on the concrete floor, if you are able. That's just my 2 cents, and I'd rather err on the side of caution than face the potential bedlam of 5,000 gallons worth of water, and all of that glass, plus everything else falling through the floor. :)

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
You must okay it with the landlord and I'd definitely get renters insurance if you don't have it already. I'd also get an electrician to look at the wiring and receptacles in that room. You'd do well to have GFCI outlets installed, as well....and plenty of them. You don't wont to overload any single outlet with too many things plugged into it.

Last edited:

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
will do! and does anyone know if the beams are safe? holds my 55 and my old 75 just fine, infact held 3 tanks fine ( two 55s one 75 ) at one time.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Your landlord should be able to make that call concerning the beams.

thrak76

AC Members
May 31, 2009
You must okay it with the landlord and I'd definitely get renters insurance if you don't have it already. I'd also get an electrician to look at the wiring and receptacles in that room. You'd do well to have GFCI outlets installed, as well....and plenty of them. You don't wont to overload any single outlet with too many things plugged into it.
Yeah, people who rent apartments don't start up fish rooms. Home owners start and maintain fish rooms. Adults with decades of experience start and maintain fish rooms (I'm sure there's some younger folks out there with fish rooms too). The first time your landlord sees more than a few tanks in your apartment he/she will consult your lease agreement and point out the breach.

You may want to reevaluate your plan. You're young and have plenty of time to have fish rooms in the future...

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
Yeah, people who rent apartments don't start up fish rooms. Home owners start and maintain fish rooms. Adults with decades of experience start and maintain fish rooms (I'm sure there's some younger folks out there with fish rooms too). The first time your landlord sees more than a few tanks in your apartment he/she will consult your lease agreement and point out the breach.

You may want to reevaluate your plan. You're young and have plenty of time to have fish rooms in the future...
My cousins friend has a fish room. Idk if he rents or what, but I am pretty sure it is a house house not an apartment.

Sit down with your land lord and your lease agreement. He may not like the tanks you have now. I also dont think he would like the "junk room", so make sure you clean the entire apartment before meeting with him. My room can become a pig pen in 15min of me set on doing something specific. But when I want to relax, it is so nice to have it clean. Like I said before, turn on the music and get cleaning. Your landlord may normally not allow it, but if you have the apartment clean and you are very respectful to him, he may allow something. But I doubt an entire fish room will be allowed. That is a big liability for both of you.

I just went through that whole thing calling the landlord a man, when it could be a woman. Oops.

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
when i got my apt, i asked about the tanks, she says she dont care as long as i have no water damage or any damage. forgot to mention that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store