Ghost shrimp died. I am wondering about getting red cherry shrimp.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

pbmax

AC Members
Aug 18, 2009
Olympia, WA
You know.... the time while you're treating your tank for ich would be PERFECT for setting up and cycling a brand new shrimp-only tank :D Then you wouldn't have to worry about ich at all!

Jspigs

There is always more to learn
Aug 5, 2009
Massachusetts
Real Name
Jacob
Strangely enough I think I might be close to getting permission for a invert only tank. But so far it would only be for if the shrimp overpopulate, which is just as well because I don't have room for another tank in my room so it would have to be in my brothers room and he is currently away from home (college) so I would have to have permission from him as well as from my parents. But I made some modifications to my DIY filter (used to be a DIY carbon filter) to increase water flow and turn it into a bio-filter. The filter is powered like a air powered sponge filter. The DIY bio-filter is currently running on my ten gallon and will hopefully get cycled while running on it. I plan to leave it in for the duration of the ich treatment if not longer. I also plan to do a fishless cycle with this filter in the tank I would use for the invert tank, just to be safe. Again this is only if (more of a "when" if I understand correctly) the shrimp over populate but I am already getting prepared. All I would need to get for the invert tank would be a heater.

But I still plan on starting with my ten gallon being the tank the shrimp go in.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store