Giant ramshorns?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
oh thats them.thats the snail that i have been warned about.and what does ime mean?

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
oh thats them.thats the snail that i have been warned about.and what does ime mean?
It means in my experience.
It is a Marisa and will eat plants it also has the capability of cross breeding with Asolene Spixis, also these (if I am not mistaken) cannot sold between states.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
oh i have always wondered that,and a few more but thats for another time.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
ok is there any other things in that tank besides the mystery and the ram?

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
Yes it's my 165g currently with: large oscar, large jack Dempsey, 8 silver dollars, a flag tail, 1 large blue mystery snail (from my breeding colony a few years ago), 2 large rams horns, and a yellow rabbit snail for now. Still stocking the tank

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
I can find nothing saying illegal to own in florida (did find one page talking about their intentional release in s florida to control hydrangea), I found one old source saying they are illegal to transport but didn't say illegal to own.

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
I can find nothing saying illegal to own in florida (did find one page talking about their intentional release in s florida to control hydrangea), I found one old source saying they are illegal to transport but didn't say illegal to own.

I checked out APHIS and found nothing so it seems as though you are good to go keeping them as "pets".

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store