Gibbiceps is this true

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

VoodooChild

Kissin' the Sky
Dec 17, 2001
MN
Visit site
:D Show me the light and I will believe. But I want pictures first!

Dr.Guppy

AC Members
Apr 10, 2003
Bromley, UK
Visit site
This is the first I have heard of a 3ft pleco. I have only heard of them growing to a maximum of 2ft in the past. Very clever picture there btw GER1023.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Thanks for the compliments on the pic I made. its a abnormal 3' babby gibby. LOL. Found this info on another sight.

"Genus Glyptoperichthys, Liposarcus, Pterygoplichthys, Sailfin Giants among the Loricariids:

Two species of rather larger "plecostomus" are bred and reared in large quantities for the aquarium trade, pond-techniques perfected at farms in Florida. Liposarcus anisitsi (Eigenmann & Kennedy 1903) is the Snow King Pleco (formerly of the genus Pterygoplichthys), to seventeen inches in length (thirty inches according to Burgess 1989), and the Leopard Pleco, Glyptoperichthys gibbiceps (Kner 1854) (formerly Pterygoplichthys gibbiceps), at about twenty inches maximum. Still these larger aquariums barely begin to measure up to some of the truly big loricariid species. Some approach three feet in length, not a misprint."

Dr.Guppy

AC Members
Apr 10, 2003
Bromley, UK
Visit site
Well, maybe thats the evidence you lot wanted?

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
See even they say only max out at 20" that other plecos reach 3' but not my gibby no Siry bob. They bumped there shnogan (SHNOGAN slang word for head) when they put it could get 3'.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store