Gill Flukes - what is safe for puffs?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mlefessler

AC Members
Mar 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Ahhh, thanks for the notice, PP. Perhaps getting just two would be a test?

SpockthePuffer

AC Members
Jan 2, 2008
Pittsburgh
That might be best, just to make sure. It might help also if you put them in the tank first. I think one of the reasons that Milton didn't think of the molly I added as food is because he knows food comes from my hands. He is trained that when the lid opens he comes to the top and looks for my fingers and then I drop food to him. Also why when I put my hands in the tank he tries to bite me!!!

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
I also think 3 puffers would make a nice interaction.

mlefessler

AC Members
Mar 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
How about this: 3 f8 and a dragon goby (boyfriend really likes this little guy...I just want puffers).

Since the Dragon Goby is a bottom dweller, do you think the f8s would mind as much compared to the BBGs? I gotta keep reminding myself that the f8s are much less aggressive and are much smaller...........

mlefessler

AC Members
Mar 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Spock - Hehe! That's adorable! I hand-fed the previous puffers (one hand for one and the other for the other guy) since they would get so aggressive towards each other when I dropped food in. When I started hand-feeding them, man, those little guys have some serious teeth!!! I was surprised when I felt a hard bite on a finger once....took me by total surprise and I jumped and the food went flying and stuck to the wall!! Hehe!

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
I think you can keep much more in a 55 but that's up to you. The dragon likes lots of hiding spots.

mlefessler

AC Members
Mar 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
There is so much space in a 55 gallon.....and yet, I'm kind of limited regarding species that can get along and that can tolerate a salinity of 1.005. So far, I've F8s, Mollies, BBGs, Dragon Gobies and Knight Gobies. Is that all?

I guess I'm just not really familiar with the stocking limits on a 55 gallon with those species.

mlefessler

AC Members
Mar 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Another quick question....I know for this tank, given I use aragonite substrate, no more than an inch on the bottom, correct?

There a difference between dry aragonite in a bag versus wet aragonite?

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Dry is cheapper, you're not paying for water!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store