Goby/Blennie feeding

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

zengoth

AC Members
May 10, 2010
Tampa Bay
I want to keep my NO3 down, so I am told there may be overfeeding involved. I have 2 gobies/3 blennies, and have been feeding them a sliver of mysis shrimp every day. Is this too much?

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
If all of it's getting eaten then I would say no. Some say feeding every day is uncessary but I feed daily.

TropicalNorth

Bligh..The Demander Of Attention..
Jun 9, 2006
North Queensland, Australia
Best thing to do is feed less often and see if that has an effect. If it has no effect then you can go back to what you were doing.

Frozen foods do tend to introduce more phosphate etc than dry food so you could try feeding dry food on some days instead (if they'll take it).

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
As far as fish are concerned, let their condition be the determining factor. I would feed at least enough to make sure they maintain a nice, rounded appearance (not fat or flattened) for general maintenance. Basically, though, as TropicalNorth said, you should also keep an eye on water quality. Just don't starve your fish in the process, which some folks inadvertently do.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store