Golden Claw Crab Dead? PLEASE HELP ASAP

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

golden crabs

Registered Member
Feb 12, 2020
Hello! I’m so sorry to be urgent, but I posted a post and I put it in the wrong section so that’s why I’m assuming no one replied. My pet golden claw crab has started to molt a few days ago, and he was attacked by the other crabs in the tank. I knew the drill of molting crabs because my other one had molted before, but my family didn’t get to see him molt because the other guy molted at night. This crab, however, was molting in the morning and was being attacked. We spooned him up and clipped a small container to the water filter so that the water temp stays the same. I try to change his water every few hours if I am at home so that there is oxygen, but I can’t change it all the time due to weekdays. He hasn’t moved at all, and I judged him with a spoon that I use to change his water with but he hasn’t moved. I have him one tiny tablet of food to see if he was hungry but he still hasn’t moved at all. Is he dead? Or is he just molting for a long time? Please help :( :(

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Any update?
I'm not very familiar with keeping them, but they do need safe places to hide and remain out of sight for the molting process.

golden crabs

Registered Member
Feb 12, 2020
Any update?
I'm not very familiar with keeping them, but they do need safe places to hide and remain out of sight for the molting process.
He hasn’t moved, but I keep him in an empty container with water. It doesn’t have any plants in it and i change the water everyday. i believe it’s 2x2 inches? and 1 1/2 inch deep. Should I put in plants? He still hasn’t moved at all.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Any change at putting him in a breeder net/box in it's main tank? I'd keep a cave or some decor in for him to hide.

golden crabs

Registered Member
Feb 12, 2020
Any change at putting him in a breeder net/box in it's main tank? I'd keep a cave or some decor in for him to hide.
I don’t have net but would a clear plastic container do? how do I pin it to the bottom of the tank? Should I put some fake plants in the container or keep it empty? thanks so much for the help

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store