Goldfish ill?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Flaringshutter

Befriend a feeder!
Oct 17, 2006
Southern California
Lil'fishy, that's great! Follow the directions on the salt package. I believe the standard dosage is one tablespoon per 5 gallons, but read those directions and remember to add very slowly! You don't want to pour in all the salt at once. Measure out the amount you will need for the whole tank, and add it a little at a time over 24 hours. That way you won't shock your fish with the salinity change.

The tank doesn't have to be 80 degrees for now. Unless you see ich develop on your fish - that's when you will want to heat the water. For now, the big water change and salt will start helping your fish no matter what problem they have. :)

Keep us updated!

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Deep in the heart of texas
Don't forget to dissolve the salt in dechlorinated water, or tank water before you add it to the tank. You don't want to just sprinkle the salt in slowly.... you want to slowly add dissolved salt or saline solution.

I know that was mentioned before, but I just thought I'd add a reminder.:)

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Deep in the heart of texas
These guys are experts so follow their advice and you and your fishies should be fine.:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store