Good thing or bad thing?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ander88

Newbie Mariner :)
Apr 29, 2009
Dumfries, Scotland
Visit site
Hey guys been a long time since Ive been on here.

Today I got an urgent phone call from a friend saying that they were moving last minute and they had not managed to sell there tank and stock on. He told me that his only option was to flush so straight away I told him not to (who would ever do this to a healthy fish) and that I would be round to collect them.

When I arrived he told me I could take anything I wanted apart from the tank (Red Sea Max) which his son was being forced to take to house GOLDFISH!!! of all things.

So I now have in my hospital tank (approx 100 litres)
2 x perculla clown fish
1 x yellow tang (large)
1 x Humbug
2 x blue green chromis
1 x yellow tailed blue damsel
1 x domino damsel
1 x indian ocean salfin tang

Also approx 10kg of live rock and a few cup fulls of sand bed from the original tank. All water in my tank is from the original tank also.

Im now stuck on what do to as my established reef tank is only 125 litres with a small regal tang, 2 small common clowns, 1 royal grama and 1 fire fish and 15kg of rock. The other tank I have that isnt quite established is 65 litre nano with 2 small clowns.

So you can see my predicament on what to do? I cant home any of the new fish ( I dont think anyway) and the hospital tank is far too small for them as it is.

Any sggestions much appreciated.

michael

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
You should be able to find homes for them with a LFS in your area....

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Buy a big rubbermaid tub and use the rock and sand you have plus any extra you can pull together out of your established tank. This will at least give the fish some room while you obtain/find a home for them.

Add some powerheads and a HOB filter to run some media as needed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store