got bored today

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

graphicdesign_r

Tact is for the weak.
Oct 31, 2005
In your nightmares.
I use both. There's very little difference in the software anyways. Photoshop is photoshop, illustrator is illustrator, and quark is quark.

Sometimes the shortcut commands gum me up if I'm hungover and can't remember which system I'm on.

I just think Macs are pretentious. Probably all their intentionally arty advertising... I'll stick to my PC at home and work on client's Macs on site. I don't have to like them...

kittyhazelton

I eat sushi
Aug 15, 2005
Hartford, VT
elfwood.lysator.liu.se
No, he's to lazy to go after them. my Oscars however....well, they go berzerk over 'em.

mishi8

Go fly a kite!
Jan 13, 2005
Alberta
graphicdesign_r said:
I use both. There's very little difference in the software anyways. Photoshop is photoshop, illustrator is illustrator, and quark is quark.

Sometimes the shortcut commands gum me up if I'm hungover and can't remember which system I'm on.

I just think Macs are pretentious. Probably all their intentionally arty advertising... I'll stick to my PC at home and work on client's Macs on site. I don't have to like them...
No, of course you don't have to like them. I'm curious, though, how did you train in graphic design? I know that the degree programs here still train on Mac (my training was a number of years ago :) And most designers I personally know have a preference for Mac. Myself, I find the Mac asthetic to be much more attractive...the same goes for their advertising. :D I can do the same work on a PC, but I really prefer not to.

graphicdesign_r

Tact is for the weak.
Oct 31, 2005
In your nightmares.
:rolleyes: :OT: I know, I know hijacking... I want a Mac fishtank to put near my PC.

Worked and was taught on Macs at school throughout college.

For most homework projects I worked on a PC, I was a commuter and driving back and forth while working full time and going to class full time was not practical.

Graduated and promptly bought a top of the line PC. Macs may have run the art world, but PCs ran everything else (though not as much as they used to admittedly), and I never had any problems since there are so many compatible file formats (PDF, TIFF, JPG, etc. ad nauseum).

And so I learned both...

Hope I don't need to learn linux next...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store