Got Ice?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Jinkz and I live pretty close to each other so we both got hit by the ice storm. Here are a few pics of the two big Japanese Maples I have behind my house. They looked really cool in the morning with the sun shining through them. Lucky for me, we didn't loose any trees at my house but some of my neighbors weren't as lucky.

Ice.gif Ice2.gif

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
It sure was! I had a few branches down but not much. My parents had a lot of stuff down. They had some big branches come down in their driveway and along the road that needed to be cut up with a chainsaw. I noticed that Birch trees don't do so good covered in ice. Lots of them were down in my neighborhood.

Reddog80p

Permanently Dechlor'd
Nov 18, 2006
My Birch got trashed. The trees were iced, then the wind snapped the tree branches like twigs. Power lines were doing the same thing, we had two waves of freezing rain.

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
This was last year, when we had our snow/ice storm and was out of power for 4 days. That's when I lost my BW tank no one survived, luckily my Africans all made it though!

100_1225 (1).JPG 100_1228 (1).JPG 100_1229 (1).JPG 100_1234 (1).JPG

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
How are things coming along msjinkzd??? Getting everything back into shape?

Thought I would toss in a nice North Dakota wintery day morning photo...

1219071133.jpg

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
well, we got the birch tree (boohoo) cut down and mostly removed, but the other tree is HUUUGGEE and we haven't been able to deal with it yet. Not quite sure how we are going to get to the broken branches on the top short of climbing the tree with a chainsaw (been too cold and slippery for that). Thanks for asking. That picture is beautful. Ironically, it was in the 50's here for xmas.

judgemax

I once was lost...
Feb 18, 2005
bellefonte PA
Real Name
Julie Probst
Yeah, no snow for us for christmas,:( its the only time I wish it would snow!

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
Yeah, no snow for us for christmas,:( its the only time I wish it would snow!
Ironically, everyone was saying it'd be a white christmas around here. We had plenty of snow. But then the night before christmas, it all melted, and there wasn't a speck left in the morning :wall:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store