Got my first Bichir!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
Ornates are great! And while it may not require live to be fed properly, youo cannot prevent them from eating tankmates that will fit in their mouth just by not feeding live. I have 3 endlis and no matter what I feed them (mainly market shrimp and massivore) if there is a tankmate in there that is of edible size, they will.

Enjoy your ornate! They are lovely bichir and great additions to a tank wiht appropriate tankmates.

Bubbles2112

Is someone behind me???
Jun 22, 2008
North Carolina, USA
Real Name
Barbara
Really cool looking fish you got there guy!

BigFishKeeper

Host of Aquatic Wetline Podcast
Feb 23, 2008
Springfield Mass USA
www.blogtalkradio.com
Real Name
Aqua Alex Cardinale
Hey Miskjinkzd!
I have noting eatable in the tank right now. Gonna grow these fish out and will never buy anything to small. yes I find that the ornate is a great addition to the tank!
-Alex
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
Nice pictures BFK :thumbsup:

Hey Miskjinkzd!
I have noting eatable in the tank right now. Gonna grow these fish out and will never buy anything to small. yes I find that the ornate is a great addition to the tank!
-Alex
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Your sig says your two CAE's are 1.5" long and the Ornate is already 4"? Bichirs have large mouthes, and CAE's are exceptionally slow growers, chances are their days are numbered.

BigFishKeeper

Host of Aquatic Wetline Podcast
Feb 23, 2008
Springfield Mass USA
www.blogtalkradio.com
Real Name
Aqua Alex Cardinale
Nice pictures BFK :thumbsup:

Your sig says your two CAE's are 1.5" long and the Ornate is already 4"? Bichirs have large mouthes, and CAE's are exceptionally slow growers, chances are their days are numbered.
Oh man! why do I always forget to update my sig?! Well thanks for pointing it out. I returned the 2 CAE'S the day I got my ornate. I only had them for the alage control. I did get a flagtail prochidulis in return! Thanks for the compliment!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
-ALEX

rainbowcharmer

AC Members
Jul 30, 2007
East Coast, USA
Darn. I still can't decide which I like better then... LOL - Don't know if I want this to be a "big fish" tank or a "small fish" tank. I really really like the apistos, but at the same time, I'm thinking - I have this amazingly big tank (for me anyhow), why not finally have some bigger fish?? *sigh*

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store