Got some Bolivians!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

HalfFrozen

AC Members
Oct 3, 2011
Real Name
Drew
Man.. the GBR is VERY territorial!

The male Bolivian(I can tell by his anal fin) He has claimed that rock cave on the right side of the tank.. and he is in FULL colors along with the female GBR... This is very interesting to watch!

HalfFrozen

AC Members
Oct 3, 2011
Real Name
Drew
Just wanted to see them sleeping so I turned on the light and found one of the BRs full of black!

Is this normal, looks amazing to me!

Jannika

MTS Survivor
Mar 17, 2010
N. California
Yeah, it's normal for them to turn dark when when they rest at night. Might be a safety measure, makes them more difficult to see.

Nice video, btw. They crack me up how they're always darting at one another just for the heck of it. I swear they start that as soon as they hatch. Mine were squabbling at 1/2"!

Last edited:

HalfFrozen

AC Members
Oct 3, 2011
Real Name
Drew
Yeah, the GBR seemed a little chill this morning.. but that may have been because I had just woken it up... lol

plantedtank12

Sign the Petition!!
May 6, 2011
York SC
Real Name
Nathan
Sweet fish, hoping to get a pair of either bolivians or GBR's in a 10 pretty soon. Might have to upgrade to a 29 so I can get some of that flashing you've got in your tank

HalfFrozen

AC Members
Oct 3, 2011
Real Name
Drew
I would go pick up a 40gal breeder from petco, they should still be having their dollar a gallon sale. My local ones are! :D

Get a few pairs of rams! They are fun to watch!

HalfFrozen

AC Members
Oct 3, 2011
Real Name
Drew

HalfFrozen

AC Members
Oct 3, 2011
Real Name
Drew
Here is the male this morning in full colors. VERY beautiful fish!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store