gotta problem with my ram

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

loki993

AC Members
Jun 11, 2007
ok did water change tuesday, about 15 percent. we have had the ram for aabout 3 weeks now, he a german gold, we nought him with a german blue, who is find, for now at least. here is the problem, I come home and hes breathing heavily and acting funny. normally hes all over and rarly quits moving, today hes acting very lethargic, right now hes hiding, he never hid before. I checked the water and it seems fine::

gh: about 180 ?? problem, searched and the consensus is that they will adapt and it hard to change

ph: 7.0

nitrite: 0

nitrate: between 20 and 40, probabally more like 40, cant seem to get it lower.

ammonia: 0

This fish was just fine last I say him last night. one ither thing dont know if its relater, maybe, after the water change it seems he also had kind of a growth on his back or dorsal fin, its white and it growing i suppose on his back twoards the front of his dorsal fin, this seemingly just appeared one day about 2 days ago and has not gotten larger or smaller, dont know if its related or not, is ther anything I can do or is he gone, I would really like to save him, hes a great fish, lots of personality and he even feeds on the top with the rest of the fish, which aparrently rare for a ram, thanks in advance for the advice.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store