Gourami lovers?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

supgourami

Gourami Expert
Jun 10, 2006
CT, USA
www.facebook.com
No such thing as a sunset dwarf.

There is a red flame dwarf gourami which are very red.

How about you take some pictures of them and I can help you determine what they are?

mduros

AC Members
Sep 20, 2005
Chicago, Illinois
www.maryduros.com
supgourami said:
Sunset dwarfs are more often reffered to as Red Flame dwarfs, but they are the same thing.

You know what I mean.
But the person that was asking the question may not, and may be left confused especially if, as in my case the store has them labeled as sunsets and not flames. You should have just responded with the above before without me pointing out the inaccuracy of your previous response.

Lorazoo, as supgourami said, it would be easier to help you if you post some pictures. The problem with these dwarf gouramis is that they will and do interbreed, so you may get some hybrids depending on where you buy from and who their supplier is.

Here is a picture of my honey gourami, if that helps.

And here is a picture of one of my "sunset" dwarfs from a few months back. Unfortunately I lost them both in February due to a bacterial infection.

Take care,
Mary.

Lorazoo

AC Members
May 17, 2006
Deerfield Beach, Florida
Yeah, They Looked Like Your Sunset Dwarf.
I Just Wanted To Know If The Male Powder Blue Dwarfs I Have Will Be Happy With The Females I Got Since They Might Be Dwarf Honey/sunset.
I Would Like To Get A Few Of The Sunset Males And Then Get Some More Of The Females Too, So Everyone Will Be Happy. That Would Be 5-6 Males And 12 Females In A 120 Heavily Planted.

Do You Think That Would Work?

Rowangel

I like fish with tarter sauce
Jan 20, 2006
Champaign, Illinois
Those are labeled ‘sunset dwarf gourami’s’ at our petsmart. Regardless of name, they are a beautiful fish!

I’ve had several gourami’s over my fish keeping experience and they are always a favorite, especially among guests.

mduros

AC Members
Sep 20, 2005
Chicago, Illinois
www.maryduros.com
I don't know from experience, but I would think in a 120 gallon you'll be fine. And everyone will be happy. Gouramis can get a bit aggressive. But for a time I had 2 opalines, 2 sunsets (flames) and 1 honey together in my 55 gallon. The opalines were the only ones that tended to get nippy, but that was only with each other.
Take care,
Mary.

misopeenut

AC Members
Nov 3, 2005
i got this as golden honey dwarf gourami.

his antenna like fins are bent but doesnt seem to bother the fish..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store