greech's Simple 40 Breeder

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Yes the Select is larger than the sugar, however, it contains a variety of grain sizes. Guessing you might have the Bahama Oolite which is quite fine. My first tank (cracked) had Oolite and it blew around a bit but eventually it slimed over and stayed down. I don't really need to adjust my PHs to prevent a dust storm. I actually just mixed in about 5 lbs of Oolite to the left side for my new addition that will like a bit more sand and still don't have a dust storm. Think have the mix of grain sizes helps a lot with this.

Thanks for the compliment joel.uejio. I wish it stayed clean all on its own :)

justin - I got the select at Petsmart because everyone else in town only had the bagged live sand at the time I set things up. You shop at High Tide? Think I saw some dry Select in there the other day.

Last edited:

justinf67

AC Members
Mar 2, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Ya, I got my green ricordea and nuclear green zoas from high tide... High Tide isnt open on Monday, I saw the dry reef select at Carols Critters tho... I may be stopping into High Tide tomorrow, thinking about getting some rics, prob orange...

I want to upgrade my tank, I have a 28g bowfront, want a 40g breeder tho...

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
It's a great size tank for me for sure. Petco keeps having those $1/gallon sales which include the 40B's which is a really good price.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
I eluded to a new addition a while back and finally pulled the trigger:nilly::nilly::nilly:

Top down shot

justinf67

AC Members
Mar 2, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
:0 HOLY CRAP! that is HUGE!

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Its about 9" across and it's just a baby :). I have removed several corals and have more to move out. Goal is a species tank with just the nem and my clowns. Maybe keep my 2 Acros and my Echinata up top.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Thanks Lab Rat!

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Nice carpet.. even nicer Scoly in the background of the 3rd pic. ;) I have to know, what is the red tentacle thing next to the carpet anemone? It has the color of a rose bubble tip anemone but the looks of a rock/flower anemone. I have never seen a flower anemone that was red .. very nice find if that is what it is. Most of the time they are dull brown looking.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Thanks. Yep, that is a rock flower nem. It is quite the looker. The disc is emerald green with bright red dotted lines leading to the mouth. It is absolutely sick under LEDs. Wish I could take a nice macro shot but my camera is too old and needs bifocals

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store