greech's Simple 40 Breeder

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Couple pics of the carpet. Settling in pretty well (knocks on wood).

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
The female is in it all the time but she won't let the male in yet. It seems like she is protecting the male and teaching him how to acclimate to himself to the sting.

it has definitely become a lot more blue than it was originally and seems to be regaining its zooxanthellae.

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
beautiful beautiful tank!
I can't wait to dive back in!!

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
So as of today, whats the equipment? I have a 40B and im planning to do an african type tank but if i can do a simple SW like this then it will be attempted

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
4 bulb t5 + LED strip with 12 3W deep blue chips (not required but look good), 20 gallon sump with return pump, swc 120 skimmer and 2 little fishes reactor for GFO. Powerheads are tunze 6025 and vortech MP 10. Most of the nicer equipment I have was bought used or given to me. Simplicity depends on what you want to keep , how much livestock (mainly fish load) you want and how much work you want to do.

What are you thinking for livestock? Fish only or reef?

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
IF i go this route ill probably do FOWLR and see if i can keep that going. As far as livestock, all i know is that i want to keep a flame angel( i believe thats the name of the fish. Max size about 4" correct?) from there ill build a tank around the angel. Now that i have a good steady income and time, im confident that i can do this. Btw, your tank looks amazing :)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Flame angel will work great in a 40B FOWLR. You can use any light you want so you can save money there. You can also do away with the sump if you want but I would still recommend one with a good in-sump skimmer.

Thanks for the compliments!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store