Green Anaconda tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuguuuu!
Oct 3, 2008
Spokanistan
www.myspace.com
Oh wow.

I'm pretty disappointed with the responses I've gotten from this. :( Infact im actually almost offended, but then again none of you know me, so it's understandable.

Don't worry guys, when my Anaconda get's too big im just going set him loose in a river so he can live in the wild where he belongs! :D They only get 10 ft, right?

WOW! Let me start by saying that YES. I do infact know what I'm getting into. A very unpredictable boa constrictor that could very realistically push the 20 ft. barrier. I am WELL aware of what a Green anaconda is and that is EXACTLY why I am keeping one. I think even an idiot could piece together the fact that no lone human can handle an adult snake that size. I know that an anaconda is a two man snake(probably 4 when its fully grown)... trust me. I've had 12ft + snakes before. I'm not an idiot :)

Also I'm a WOMAN. A whopping 5'4'' 110 lbs. I've had snakes my entire life, I can pretty much communicate with them through body language. I am so sick of people judging me and my abilities to handle large potentially man eating reptiles. It only takes 10 ft of snake to kill me. I'm prepared for the worste, so please, save the lectures for someone else.

I also refuse to ever give up my Anaconda or my Reticulated python. They are my babies and by the time they are fully grown I will have the proper enclosures for both of them along with the rest of my less than legal friends :)

Which brings me to my next point... Anaconda's are plenty legal in the state of washington. You just need a permit. Which I do not have and refuse to spend money on every year. So with that being said, you can go ahead and call the police. It will take more than the law to keep me from doing what I love.

Anyways, now that I've got that off my chest...

Thank you for the few legit responses I've gotten. Those aren't guppies in the tank, they're cichlids. My anaconda doesn't eat fish, so I want to keep something a little bigger than guppies. Platies just don't have that south american look to them =/ But they could work in 20 gals of water, I think.

And I know what slate your talking about, bro. It's not that. It's a peice of plastic, its attached to the water fall. It's not rough at all, but thanks for the tip.

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth

Iceeeyyyy

(っ◕‿◕)っ
Jun 19, 2008
rock in water
Alright, I got a little greenie...

Here's a picture of my old anaconda tank. You can see the surviving green terror and a convict if you look closely heehee... I'm planning on setting up the same thing, only a bit nicer.

I also refuse to ever give up my Anaconda or my Reticulated python. They are my babies and by the time they are fully grown I will have the proper enclosures for both of them along with the rest of my less than legal friends :)
What happened to the previous green?!

Fuguuuu!
Oct 3, 2008
Spokanistan
www.myspace.com
It's kind of personal, and I don't really feel like discussing it front of people like VF. You can PM me or ask me in the chat if you'd like to know.

Anyways, I had to adopt out most of my larger herps. I don't have room for all of them, but I've decided the Anaconda was one of the reptiles well worth having around.

Once you break them of that need to bite everything that moves, they're really amazing.

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Admitting to keeping animals which you need a permit to keep, and dont have said permit, is illegal, and will not be discussed on this forum...

Thanks for the input folks. There is info to learn from here....

Closed..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store