Green Peas in my tank.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jrjeffery

AC Members
Mar 18, 2005
I don't know if anyone has had these things in there tank, but I would like to know what they are. And if I should remove them. (my Digital camera is on the fritz so no pics) They look like peas growing on one rock. They have mutliplied from one to three in a few months. The are dark green in color. I have noticed no movement day or night from them. Does anyone have a clue what they might be?

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
Sounds like valonia. Can be a nasty pest. Emerald crabs will eat them, if they are in the mood. Although it's not recommended because it is supposed to spread them, simply pulling them off has worked for me.

Last edited:

jrjeffery

AC Members
Mar 18, 2005
I have done a little research and found that it looks more like ventricosa. Is this sp. of bubble algae a large problem if let go? I was not able to find any info on spreading or problems related to this sp.

jrjeffery

AC Members
Mar 18, 2005
If there is no real threat of chemical war fare, I will leave them alone for a while. They add a little color to the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store