Green Scat and 2 Fig 8 Puffers in PA / NJ area

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

PunkMartyr

AC Members
Dec 23, 2002
Stroudsburg, PA
Visit site
I have a Green Scat named Narcissus and two figure 8 puffers that need a good home as I am moving to Florida in a few weeks. I can provide pictures if there is any interest in the fish.

These are brackish fish, which means they need some salt. I will provide you with salt if I still have some, an instrument to measure the salinity, special oil for immobilizing the puffers in case you ever need to trim their teeth along with the scissors, and some other extras. (puffer teeth continue to grow like a rodent so they need shrimp and other hearty foods in their diet to wear their teeth down) In the interest of a pet store not taking the fish I would like to charge $6 for the fish and extras (they need a home, not a profiteer, but I assure you the extras will be good)

Narcissus is a very intelligent fish, he is more like a saltwater fish than a freshwater fish. (If you have housed both you know what I mean) His top fin is very beautiful. He keeps it down most of the time but can expand it like a fan when he is alert and swimming fast. When the light hits his skin just right it has an iridescent orange sheen. He likes to watch TV and watch people who are in the room. He is fond of docile, larger fish (I was keeping him with a few goldfish before I really knew how to be an aquarist, I think he thought he was one of these cow-like fish as he would school with them). I know he has been lonely since I removed the goldfish and would be great with some other fish.

The puffers like to hide in a seashell until I approach the tank, at which point they will flutter up to the top wanting to be fed. They are very inquisitive.

The fish are based in Stroudsburg, PA 18360. I am willing to drive a ways into New Jersey up interstate 80, maybe 45 minutes. As I attend school at Penn State these are the towns I frequent in PA, but I am willing to do some traveling here as well:

Allentown
State College
Hazleton
Wilkes Barre
Scranton
Danville
Bloomsburg
Lockhaven

PunkMartyr

AC Members
Dec 23, 2002
Stroudsburg, PA
Visit site
Geoff

I'll have pics up tomorrow (Thursday May 06), I'll pm you when they are up as well. I think Narcissus is about 4.5" from tailfin to nose, and the puffers are about 1.5". Also whoever takes them I would like to also take 4 zebra danio I have been keeping with them (the danio eat food the other fish don't get to keep things clean)

Thanks!

PunkMartyr

AC Members
Dec 23, 2002
Stroudsburg, PA
Visit site
Sorry it took so long, my parents are moving, i'm graduating this weekend from college, going to florida after that, trying to get several things on my car fixed, and ebaying a few hundred novels

Here are the pictures, I've kind of taken to calling the two puffs popcorn and bubbles, but when it comes to pets I fully believe the owner has to decide that sort of thing

Buddies

They see you

In this picture you can see a white patch of flesh on Narcissus. I assure you it is not deseased, this fish is very healthy and has had this patch as long as I can remember. I think of it as a birthmark, but I have no idea if he was born with it or managed to rub against something in the aquarium.
Narcissus giving off an orange iridescent sheen

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store