green spotted puffer food

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

MikenDanielle

AC Members
May 18, 2007
NB Canada
We keep a 10g for breeding pond snails. That way we don't have to run to the lfs every couple of days. It's really easy too. Water, airstone, light, plants (fake or real) and some adult snails...soon enough you have tons of the little guys. I have about 80 right now that came from the original 15 I got at my lfs. Only spent $5 on the tank as well. Gotta love yard sales :)

nmrsco

AC Members
Jan 6, 2007
rhode island
We keep a 10g for breeding pond snails. That way we don't have to run to the lfs every couple of days. It's really easy too. Water, airstone, light, plants (fake or real) and some adult snails...soon enough you have tons of the little guys. I have about 80 right now that came from the original 15 I got at my lfs. Only spent $5 on the tank as well. Gotta love yard sales :)
thanks for the idea. I might set up a container outside to raise some. do they reproduce quickly?
the puffer is doing very well today. hes much more active and hes eating well. does anyone know how i can get him to eat things that arent alive? he doesnt show any interest in freeze dried krill

MikenDanielle

AC Members
May 18, 2007
NB Canada
They breed like mad, lol. I got 15 of them at my lfs and they laid eggs almost immediately. took about a week for them to hatch and they're big enough for my gsp to eat now. It's been about 2 weeks since they hatched. They eat just about anything too. I just drop in an algae puck once every 4 or 5 days.

ryverrat

AC Members
Feb 14, 2008
My GSP loves bloodworms, live brine shrimp (get at LFS- almost all carnivores love them- they will chase them around the tank), thawed squid, mussels, and thawed krill. But the thing he likes the best is snails. Try a local gardening shop that does ponds- they may have snails (usually small ones). As for parasites, I treated my with PraziPro and it worked great.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store